What is nitrox?
“Nitrox” is the diver slang for “Enriched Air Nitrox.” It is air that has had oxygen added to it. Normally we breath air which is 21% oxygen and 79% nitrogen. Nitrox can be anything from 22% oxygen and 78% nitrogen to 40% oxygen and 60% nitrogen.
Why use it?
The benifit of nitrox is that if you are diving with less nitrogen in your tank, then you absorb less nitrogen into your system, allowing you to:
- Increase your bottom time dramatically,
- Decrease your surface interval in between your dives,
- and increase the safety margins of no decompression time.
- Many also say they “feel better” and “less sleepy” after diving with nitrox due to the increased oxygen content.
- Is it especially recommended for divers that make multiple dives daily, are overweight, or over 40 years old.
How can I use nitrox?
To use nitrox you need to get your Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty. You can do this with or without diving.
SPECIAL DEAL!!! Complete your PADI Enriched AIR Specialty with Octopus Diving, and get $50 off the purchase of a Cressi Leonardo Computer!!!!
How can I get my PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty?
PADI eLEARNING OPTION 1:
Option 1 (without diving): Inscribe yourself to the Enriched Air e-Learner Course in PADI’s webpage, complete the theory portion of the course online (even on a tablet). Then print out the test results, do some quick paper work with Octopus Diving, analyze some nitrox tanks and get your photo taken. Cost $250 (excluding PADI’s webpage fees).
BUY THE MANUAL OPTION 2:
Option 2 (without diving): Buy the Enriched Air Specialty manual from Octopus Diving, read the book and answer the questions, go over some theory with an Octopus Diving Instructor, take an exam, analyze some nitrox tanks, get your photo taken. Cost: $250 + $50 Course Manual.
GET YOUR NITROX CERTIFICATION TODAY!